Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November Bella

I’ve never been happier for the month of November to arrive.  It’s not the cool, crisp days or the beautiful fall foliage (although those are definitely a couple of my fall loves).  It is not even the thoughts of a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family or the kick off to the festivities of the holiday season.
Why am I excited to see November get here?  This exasperating election season is finally over!
The endless phone calls will stop.  The negative campaigning will end (for a little while anyway).   My mailbox will no longer be stuffed full of propaganda.  The commercials highlighting comments taken out of context will be off the air.  My dog Bailey can rest from her constant vigil at the front window to scare off door to door campaign volunteers.
I try to never discuss politics.  Some people thrive off of it, but I do not.  I have found that most people don’t want to have an enlightened discussion but instead want to tell me why my opinions are wrong (and how people like me are ruining America…or are bringing about the end of the world…or whatever).  Politics have turned grown adults into school yard bullies.  I’m done with all of it.  I agree that all voters should be informed, but yelling at me isn’t going to win me to your side. 
You vote for your candidate and I’ll vote for mine.  They may be the same person, or we may be cancelling each other out.  For me, as long as you use your right to vote and don’t forfeit it, then we have nothing to argue about.  Now, let’s all settle down and enjoy the rest of the season (preferably with a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte….can we agree on that?).

1 comment: