I know I am posting twice in one day, but I had to share my latest and greatest DIY project.
When I moved into my home, my main bath upstairs was carpeted in a beautiful blood red which was paired with a gold striped wallpaper. As the piece de resistance, the plastic panels in the vanity were painted gold as well. It was not love at first sight.
The carpet has been replaced, the wallpaper torn down, and the vanity repainted. I put up a beachy Pottery Barn shower curtain that matches my bedding in the hopes that something nice would instantly transform my bathroom. It didn't. If I were doing this the right way, I would completely replace the vanity and countertop/sink. But, since I don't have two grand just laying around useless, I have done this myself. But over the past two years the vanity doors have started to turn to sawdust and the plastic panels keep popping out. It is vagrant living at its best.
The frames have been painted and I made fabric covered panel inserts. I drilled holes for my hardware and hung them up. They fit perfectly but I am still trying to decide about the orange fabric (it matches the coral in the shower curtain perfectly, but it may be too much color...even for me!). I should get some frosted glass cut and install it but that can be a future endeavor.
And no, I didn't hang them crooked, the vanity is all slanty. My entire house slants and the counter top is level, but the floors and therefore the vanity are not. Once I got them up it dawned on me that having fabric panels under a sink of water is probably not the best idea in the world, but it will do for now. And now I can use the money I saved on frames to buy some fancy-shmancy hardware from Anthropologie.
1 day ago