Monday, January 2, 2012

Habits

I don't make resolutions.  I know that I never finish what I start so making resolutions for the New Year is a pointless endeavor. 

Instead I took on a much larger task...I bought a book.  This book gives me a new healthy habit to try each week for a year.  Supposedly, I will become a magical and wonderful human being by following each of these habits.  I figured I could concentrate on one at a time and hopefully one or two would stick out of 52.

Week one's change was to drink more water.  I barely drink water at all.  I'll drink it while at the gym...but most of the time I count coffee and sweet iced tea as my liquid intakes.  I am the equivalent of a sweet ice tea vampire, I need it to live and am willing to kill to have it.  (Ok, not really kill.  At least I don't think so.  Ask me again at the end of this week after I have replaced all of my sweet tea with water.)

I have carried my little water bottle around with me all day.  I have constantly sucked down ounce after ounce of water.  I am now a human water balloon.  My cells are bursting from the overflow of water.  Also?  I have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes.  I have already decided that sleep is not on the agenda tonight since I will be in the bathroom all night.  I just quit drinking my water for the day.  I'll let this leak out over the next 12 hours before I start the whole routine tomorrow. 

I wonder which week is sponge eating?  (You know, to soak up all the water...)



Anyone taking bets yet to see how long I follow this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment