Friday, June 24, 2011

A dog's story

Bailey has been quite bored with me lately.  She has been quite mopey because she doesn't find cleaning the house fun.  All she does is lay around with these big sad eyes. 


Since I don't want my dog to hate me because I am not an exciting human, I took her to the park today.  She was so excited when we got there that she just barked "LET ME OUT!"  Or she may have been barking at the German Shepherd in the next car...who knows...she's a dog.


She ran straight for the water because what is my dog's favorite thing to do?  That's right, stink herself up with nature. 


After soaking herself in the water, we walked through the park.  And by walk I mean run in circles, stop to smell stuff, roll in stuff (because it was stinky), and chase birds.


After a nice stroll (or me being dragged) through the park, she jumped back in the water one last time to cool off.  Now that she was tired, wet, smelly, and happy, we headed home.  She was little more bright eyed and bushy tailed for the trip home.  A good stinky time always improves her mood.  Too bad my pics aren't scratch and sniff...



Due to the stench of the happy wet dog, she needed a bath.  And what is Bailey's least favorite thing to do?  Take a bath.  She loves water, but bases its fun value off of the smell rating.  Dirty creek water?  Fantastic!  Clean bath water with citrus shampoo?  Steer clear at all costs.  She refused to look at me in the tub...she either looked away or closed her eyes.



Then, to make matters even worse, the creature she despises the most (we know her as Phoebe the cat) tried to help Bailey dry herself.  Bailey just ran from hidey hole to hidey hole trying to escape the grooming habits of a very fastidious cat.  The humiliation was almost too much to bear.






I hope the horrors and shame of the bath/cat licking don't outweigh the fun at the park.  Maybe, just maybe, my dog loves me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment